Monday, July 6, 2009

250 Point Escalation League Game


My group out at Ravenblood Games decided to put together an Escalation league in the hopes that we would get some more people interested in playing some games with us.

So far it is going well! We have about 20 people in the Escalation League last time I checked. That means lots of new players are starting to put together armies and it is really breathing some life into our gaming group. It is also giving me a chance to put together all of the Jet Bikes that I bought a couple years ago and never got around to putting together.

My list wasn't anything special by any means and I ended up getting knocked out in the first round by Captain Tom's Ultramarines. Our single elimination tournament structure can be particularly brutal, but nobody has complained yet. With the limitations allowing no 2+ saves, no vehicles and no multiple wound models I didn't have much that I could put on the tabletop unfortunately. I ended up with...

Troops

3 Guardian Jet Bikes
- Shuriken Cannon
1 Warlock Jet Bike
- Singing Spear, Embolden

Fast Attack

3 Shining Spears
- Exarch


I ended up pulling a small conversion for my Guardian Jet Bikes that I picked up from Fritz's Saim-Hann army. He was the original inspiration for my bike list because up until I saw his conversion I HATED the way the Eldar bikers looked. For my warlock I used a Dire Avenger body and an extra guardian helmet. I used a spear from the Dire Avenger box for his singing spear and added in a banner from the Jet Bike Autarch. I think he came out looking pretty good, but it doesn't help that my painting isn't particularly refined yet. I've got a ways to go with my brush work!

In the end I had the smallest and most fragile force on the table. I lost to a sustained barrage from Tom's marines and no matter how fast and how far I moved I just couldn't make all the saves. I ended up in a suicide charge on the end of turn 4 that left him winning with 1/2 of his models still on the table. Oh well.... in the end two Marine players with Devastator squads faced off in the finals and I learned a valuable lesson about my army.

No comments: